Blue Aran was established in 1995, and has steadily grown to become the UK's leading specialist loudspeaker component stockist and trade distrbutor, with a
virtually unparalleled selection of products available to DIY enthusiasts, cabinet builders, repair agents and pro-audio dealers.
Trade accounts are available to bona fide businesses in the pro-audio sector, you can apply online here:
www.bluearan.co.uk/trade - you must supply sufficient supporting information for your application to
This area is designed to cover some of the subjects we are often contacted about via email. If you cant find the information required, please email us, we will be expanding our online help in the very near future.
Please note that we are a web-based retailer, and the quickest and simplest method of placing an order is via our website.
If you have a query regarding a replacement loudspeaker, or replacement diaphragm it is usually quickest to email us on firstname.lastname@example.org with the details of the cabinet you are looking to replace the drivers or diaphragm in.
Photos can be useful for identifying drivers. If you are sending photos, they do not need to be super high resolution but they do need to be in clear focus to be of use.
Due to a the high risk of card fraud originating from orders paid over the telephone, we are not able to accept payment by Credit or Debit card over the telephone - all payments must be made via the secure online
portal which works with the bank systems to minimise fraud.
If you are having difficulty with our website, please email us on email@example.com and one of the sales team will assist you in completing your order.
Admin / Support: 023 8063 4120 We do not take orders over the phone, we are a web based business - please use the online webshop for placing orders.
Our Warehouse and Office is open 9:30am to 5:30pm Monday to Friday.
Trade counter open 9:30am to 5:30pm Monday to Friday and 10am to 2pm Saturdays
How to find us
Orion Business Centre
Our offices are just off Wide Lane, set back about 50 metres from the road.
Access is via a road at the end of the row of houses near the traffic lights.
Easy access from Junction 5 of the M27. Follow the signs for the Airport from J5, not Southampton
Registered in England and Wales: co reg no 3089267
Registered in September 1995.
VAT Registration Number: GB 665 1956 06
Ebay user id: just_add_music
Just Add Music is a registered trademark owned by Blue Aran Limited.
Blue Aran Limited
Unit 1 Orion Business Centre,
We will always consider motivated, hard-working staff with an interest in the sound and lighting / music industry.
As part of our ongoing expansion we are currently looking for at least one new member to join our team. There are opportunities for both full-time and part-time roles within various parts of the business. Past experience is not essential, but would be beneficial, the main requirements are a passion for audio and sound, and an enthusiastic approach to challenges.
Job roles we are looking to fill, in some cases a single applicant may be able to fulfil more than one role.
- Wood Machinist / Cabinet Maker we are developing a range of self-assembly DIY speaker project kits. This role will include preparing flat pack speaker kits, test-assembly of prototype speaker kits, assembling and finishing speakers for custom orders. For someone with the appropriate experience, this role would also include designing speakers and programming CAD designs.
- Sales Assistant Love Speakers? Think you know a thing or two? Want to help others with their speaker projects? Our busy sales team could use some help. Responsibilities include answering the phone, replying to emails, preparing quotations, website maintenance and much more.
- Marketing/Graphics Designer Handy with Photoshop? Got graphics experience? Our marketing department needs a part-time designer who can assist with making adverts for social media, printed fliers, website banners, and general marketing. Previous experience would be essential. As this is a part-time position, this may well suit a university student looking to get some real world marketing/graphics experience to complement their course.
- PCB Assembly Our in-house custom passive crossover assembly facility is getting busier, the job involves winding inductors, and soldering capacitors, resistors and inductors onto a PCB. Some basic knowledge of electronic circuits would be beneficial. This is currently a part-time role, which could be filled in conjunction with one of the other roles listed above.
- Hires Assistant Our hire department is getting busy, with lots of bookings over the summer. Occasionally we'll need an extra pair of hands loading and unloading vans, setting up sound systems, and checking hire equipment is in full working order. If you love playing with sound, and dont mind lifting a few speakers, this is a great opportunity to get involved.
Any applicant should be keen, enthusiastic, and willing to get involved in all aspects of the business as and when required.
If you think you have what it takes to be part of our team please send a CV to the sales office for the attention of Andy Kos.
WEEE (waste Electrical and Electronic Equipment)
The amount of electrical waste we throw away is increasing by around 5% each year, making it the fastest growing waste stream in the UK.
This increase is mainly down to:
- New technologies being developed
- Affluent society
- Throw away lifestyle
Over 75% of waste electrical goods end up in landfill, where lead and other toxins contained in the electrical goods can cause soil and water contamination.
Many of the electrical items that we throw away can be repaired or recycled. Recycling items helps to save natural finite resources and also reduces the environmental
and health risks associated with sending waste electrical goods to landfill.
Some Waste Electrical and Electronic Equipment can contain hazardous substances which could be damaging to the environment and to human health if disposed of in landfill.
The best solution is to take all Waste Electrical and Electronic Equipment to a recycling centre where any recyclable materials will be recovered, and the remainder will be
disposed of in an environmentally sound manner.
Recycling your old electricals is easy!
Recycle your electrical and electronic devices free at your local recycling centre. To find your nearest centre, visit the Recycle More website (www.recycle-more.co.uk)
and type in your postcode.
Unwanted electrical equipment is the UK's fastest growing type of waste.
Many electrical items can be repaired or recycled, saving natural resources and the environment. If you do not recycle electrical equipment will end up in landfill where hazardous substances will leak out and cause soil and water contamination - harming wildlife and also human health.
We're proud to support your local authority in providing local recycling facilities for electrical equipment.
To remind you that old electrical equipment can be recycled, it is now marked with the crossed-out wheeled bin symbol. Please do not throw any electrical equipment (including those marked with this symbol) in your bin.
What is WEEE?
The Waste Electrical or Electronic Equipment (WEEE) Directive requires countries to maximise separate collection and environmentally friendly processing of these items.
How are we helping?
In the UK, distributors including retailers must provide a system which allows all customers buying new electrical equipment the opportunity to recycle their old items free of charge. As a responsible retailer, we have met the requirements placed on us by financially supporting the national network of WEEE recycling centres established by local authorities. This is achieved through membership of the national Distributor Take-back scheme (DTS). Our Certificate of Registration for DTS
To find more information on WEEE recycling and to locate your nearest recycling centre please visit the Recycle More website (www.recycle-more.co.uk).
In store take back for used equipment
As part of our commitment to recycling, we offer in-store take back of selected products on a one-for-one like-for-like basis. If you have broken or worn out speaker components, and are buying replacements, you can bring your old components with you and drop them off at our trade counter. Any components that can be reconditioned or reconed, will be repaired in house by our expert technicians, and then offered for sale. This avoids them ending up in Landfill.
If we are unable to repair the components, we will break them down into separate parts, steel, aluminium, copper and paper, and deliver them to the appropriate recycling facilities for each material type.
We are not able to offer instore take back of electrical equipment, such as amplifiers. You should contact your nearest recycling centre which you can find on the recycle more website: visit the Recycle More website (www.recycle-more.co.uk)